*This blog is a participant Amazon Affiliates Program and some articles may contain affiliate links! As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no cost to you*
Losing weight around your midsection can be a very difficult task. While there are many weight-loss diets and fitness routines you can follow, there are also some healthy detox drinks you can include.
One trick to losing your belly fat is fiding a way to speed up your metabolism. A faster metabolism will enable you to lose more weight.
Belly fat can be very stubborn to lose but these fat burning drinks have been tried and tested by many who have claimed seeing positive results.
These detox drinks are healthy in any case and even if you are not drinking them for weight loss, they can still improve your health a great deal.
The drinks we will be talking about in this post are;
- Cucumber lemon detox water
- Honey cinnamon water
- Lemon mint water
- Apple cider detox water
- Peppermint tea
1. Cucumber Lemon Detox Water
Cucumber lemon detox water is a famous recipe that is very easy to make and has a pleasant flavor too. Drinking fruit infused water can be very beneficial for your body. However, this drink is known for its weight loss capabilities. The combination of the two is really effective and the results can be seen after regular intake.
It flushes out the toxins and cleanses your gut, thus preventing any digestive problems. Cucumber is packed with healthy digestive enzymes, which aids in indigestion. You can start your day with this detox water by drinking a glass of it on an empty stomach first thing in the morning.
This detox drink helps prevents water retention and keeps your stress levels down. Lemon is packed with vitamin C, which makes so it is a good source of antioxidants.
Cucumber lemon detox water helps in belly fat weight loss and manages your overall body weight. Aside from relieving your thirst, it also a good drink for curbing food cravings.
Ingredients you will need;
- a large pitcher
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 lemon
- a handful of fresh mint leaves
- some water
- Wash the cucumbers and slice up the two cucumbers thinly (peeled or unpeeled)
- Follow with the lemon and slice it up too
- Roughly chop up your mint leaves so that it can release its essence into the detox water
- Take your pitcher and add all the ingredients in
- Then add your water (adding ice too is an option)
- That’s it! Keep it refrigerated as you drink it throughout the day
2. Honey Cinnamon Detox Drink
Quite surprisingly, honey and cinnamon detox water is as popular as it should be given then it’s a very powerful drink for weight loss.
Nevertheless, this simple mixture has amazing weight loss benefits. It helps you lose weight the easier way; and the best part is that it helps you melt belly fat first.
Honey has appetite curbing capabilities. Drinking honey water right before bedtime can help you burn more calories while sleeping. This component is packed with important vitamins, minerals, and healthy fats as well. Honey has some essential hormones in it that suppress appetite and helps with weight loss.
Cinnamon, on the other hand, helps you lose visceral fat but supports weight loss too. Cinnamon is a healthy spice with antimicrobial and antiparasitic properties which makes it one of the healthiest spices of all time. It helps lower blood pressure, cholesterol, boosts insulin function, and boosts your metabolism as well.
A cup of this drink in between meals can help curb mid-meal snacking habits. Works as a great pre-workout drink too.
The ingredients you’ll need are;
- Heat your kettle up to get a cup of hot water
- Add a teaspoon of your cinnamon powder in it
- Wait for it to cool down a bit before adding your honey (this is to ensure you don’t kill the honey enzymes with heat)
- If you are using a cinnamon stick, cook it in a small pot for at least 3 minutes, allow it to cool down a bit as well before adding one teaspoon of honey to it
- Stir and drink
- Best times to drink this is in between meals or at bedtime
3. Lemon Mint Detox Water
Weight loss can be very challenging for those looking to drop serious pounds. However, lemon juice can give you hand on this journey. Do you know that citric acids can help you boost your metabolism?
This is music to the ears of anyone looking to shed some weight. With a faster metabolism, your body processes the food you eat quickly and a faster metabolism means your body will keep burning fat even while resting!
To get your day off to a good start and rev your metabolism, drink a glass of lemon water first thing in the morning, and throughout the day with meals.
Things you will need are;
- a large pitcher
- two medium-sized lemon
- cold water
- spring of mint leaves
- Wash and thinly slice the two lemons (deseed them if necessary)
- Put the lemon slices in your pitcher
- Fill it up with cold water (room temperature water is okay too)
- Add mint leaves
- That it! Keep it refrigerated to preserve the lemon and mint leaves.
- Have this drink first thing in the morning at least 30 minutes before breakfast and throughout the day
4. Apple Cider Detox Drink
Studies have shown how apple cider vinegar can help promote weight loss. Several human studies show that vinegar can increase feelings of fullness. This can lead you to eat fewer calories and lose weight.
For example, according to this study, drinking apple cider vinegar along with a high carb meal led to increased feelings of fullness, making the participants eat 200–275 fewer calories during the day.
Also, another study of about 175 participants with obesity revealed that daily intake of apple cider vinegar led to reduced belly fat and weight loss.
This mixture is probably the most popular detox drink for losing belly fat so it is surely worth trying. Apple cider must be diluted properly before consuming it.
Ingredients you will need;
- In a pitcher, combine two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with 8 ounces of water
- Add 2 tablespoons of honey to it
- Stir and drink this up to 3 times daily. Stick to this routine to see results.
5. Peppermint Tea
Peppermint tea is organically calorie-free and has a pleasingly sweet essence, which makes it a smart choice when you’re trying to lose weight.
This detox drink has appetite-suppressing abilities making it easier to stick to your healthy eating goals. Peppermint cools up the body and your body in turn, will burn more calories trying to regulate your temperature back to normal.
Its ability to increase metabolism keeps your body energized.
You can make your own peppermint tea by adding a handful of mint leaves to a cup of hot water, add a lemon slice to make it tastier, or steep a bag of dried organic mint leaves to make a cup of tea.
Drink this tea after every meal for the best results.